The Holiday Train is Coming to the Cottage Grove Area on Sunday, December 10, 2023!
Canadian Pacific Holiday Train Rolls Into Town on Sunday, December 10, 2023 for 21st Anniversary
The brightly lit train will arrive with a trainload of fun and entertainment at 5:00 p.m. Performances by Tenille Townes and Breland will begin at 5:15 p.m. from the train stage.
All cash and donations of personal care items collected at the “Cottage Grove Stop” go directly to our local Friends in Need Food Shelf; serving the residents of Cottage Grove, Grey Cloud Island, Newport and St. Paul Park.Other features of the event returning this year include:
- Visit with Santa and enjoy some holiday music before the train arrives.
- Glo-sticks will be given to the first 2,000 children in attendance courtesy of Old National Bank, Merchants Bank, Van Meter and Spartan Promotional Group – Mary Slusser (while supplies last)
- Free hot chocolate and cookies, courtesy of Cub Foods, Hy-Vee and Culver’s (while supplies last)
- FREE Wagon Rides from the Park & Ride lot: Sponsored by Zywiec’s Garden Center, Midwest Machinery and the City of Cottage Grove. Rides will begin at 3:00 p.m. Note: Parking at the Park & Ride lot is limited.
- Purchase food from our featured Food Trucks (*A percentage of proceeds from each food truck benefits Friends in Need Food Shelf):
- D&D Goodies: www.dndgoodies.com
- Deep Roots: https://discoverdeeproots.com/
- Steven D's: www.facebook.com/StevenDsmn
- Youniverse Foodie Waffles: youniversefoodie.com
- Mountain Mikes
- Browse merchandise for sale including:
- NEW! Knit stocking caps for children and adults
- CLEARANCE! flannel pajama pants for children and adults, beanie stocking caps, insulated tumblers, ¾ sleeve jersey shirts, fuzzy socks and holiday train patches! Proceeds benefit Friends in Need Food Shelf.
- Warm up in “The Lodge” Warming Tent, sponsored by RE/MAX Professionals.
Parking is available at the following locations:
- Metro Transit Park & Ride Lot on West Point Douglas Road (Wagon rides courtesy of Zywiec’s Garden Center, Midwest Machinery & the City of Cottage Grove will be provided.)
- All Saints Lutheran Church: 8100 Belden Blvd, Cottage Grove
- Limited handicap parking can be found in the Youth Service Bureau Lot
*West Pt. Douglas Road will close at 2:30 p.m. SHARP. Closures will be at both Belden Crossing and near the Park & Ride.
The Holiday Train is truly a gift to our communities. This event makes up 25% of our total donations for the year. Last year our communities raised $172,278.26 for our local Friends in Need Food Shelf along with over 800 pound of food and personal care items; 501(c)3 # 41-1794212. In the past 20 years, the Holiday Train event in Cottage Grove has raised over $1,601,324.87 for our local food shelf. This year, a goal of raising $100,000 was set.
The Holiday Train Committee and City of Cottage Grove are hosting this event in conjunction with many local volunteers, local businesses and community leaders. Cash is the preferred donation but the need is also great for personal care items such as bar soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothbrushes, dish soap, toilet paper, paper towels or diapers.
If you are unable to attend the event and would still like to donate to the Friends in Need Food Shelf, please send checks payable to the Friends in Need Food Shelf, noting “Holiday Train” in the memo line. Checks can be sent to the Friends in Need Food Shelf, P.O. Box 6, Cottage Grove, MN 55016.
Event: CPKC Holiday Train Stop in Cottage Grove, MN
Date: Sunday, December 10, 2023
Time: 3:00 p.m. event opens. 5:00 p.m. train arrival. 5:15 – 5:45 p.m. performances.
Location: West Point Douglas Road, just south of the 80th St. Bridge / Belden Crossing (across from the Youth Service Bureau).